Privacy policies are legal documents where a website must disclose to users whether they are collecting personally identifiable data that is legally protected and how they plan to use it.
Many websites sell your personal or medical information to market researchers or data mills to make quick and easy money. That will never happen at RxLess.
Significant Use Of Data
One of the most significant uses of data collection, for example your IP address, is used to track the time you spend on an area of the site, how long and extensively you use the search tool, and what articles you spend time reading.
Be aware that the data collected for those express purposes is not personally identifiable information but is critical to the operation of a successful website and helps us improve and enhance the user experience. For example, it’s more convenient and efficient to monitor the prescriptions you are looking up. If you are quickly searching on your mobile device, you don’t want to have to retype the generic prescription drug name each time you submit a search.
Data collection holds on to your IP address, without linking it to the consumer, and allows the site to recall the exact names of all the medications you’ve looked up in the past. This allows us to make the experience more personal without breaching our consumers privacy or obtaining personally identifiable information.
Exactly what kind of collected personal data can identify who you are? The following are examples of the most readily identifiable personal data that can be collected:
- First and last name
- Internet protocol (IP) address linked to any particular consumer or household
- Home and mobile phone numbers
- Place of birth
- Email addresses
- Social security numbers
- Mother’s maiden name
- Social media
- Facial photographs
When Data is Shared
There are situations where your information may need to be shared with an affiliated third party. For example, a network pharmacy may be contacted to resolve an ongoing issue with your prescriptions. Some data is shared at those times to address the issue that is specific to you.
At RxLess, you:
- Don't have to worry that your personal health information is being sold or shared for marketing or advertising purposes.
- Can opt out of sharing your data with third party affiliates at any time by calling 1-844-4-RxLess or emailing us at [email protected].
- Can learn more through our resource center, where health, privacy, safety, savings and even a discount card are discussed in more detail.